Monday, July 2, 2018

I got one of those calls I just love.

Property manager calls us out today, Sunday 10 am. Mainline sewer for a house.  Not excited about working Sunday but you know what they say, "make hay while the sun shines."  So 2 plumbers have been out there before us and they couldn't get it.  Over 100 feet out from the front yard c/o and neither one of them could reach it.
Ok, so I have 600 feet of hose on the hydro jetter so I'm confident I'm going to reach.  So when I get there, I get the rest of the story.  It seems the line backed up a month ago and another plumber was able to get it open then but the manager didn't know how far out he was when he opened the line.  But the mere fact that it was just cabled a month ago tells me it's roots and there back.  Prior plumber probably did a mediocre job last time so it didn't take long for it to back up again.  I know the problem is over 100 feet out.  So I jet with the big hose and big trailer mounted jetter and I could feel it chew through a few spots but then I hit the "spot".  I parked on it with the standard nozzle for a very long time, easlily 5 to 7 minutes without any results or movement at all, line burped a bit but it would not clear.  Ran it at almost full pressure just under 4,000 psi.
Made the change to the warthog spinner nozzle, the ws for 1/2" hose.  quickly ran back out to the stop point and parked on it just a couple inches back and let the nozzle do it's thing.  About a minute goes by and I can see slight progress as the hose inches slowly in. 5 minutes later and we had chewed through about 6 feet of blockage and after that we immediately dropped into the city main in the street.  You could clearly hear the line drain out and we could hear the echo of the nozzle as it went out into the city connection.  We pulled back and jetted that spot about 4 times slowly going back through and into the city connection.  Bad news was that the problem spot is in the street.  He didn't want to run a camera just yet, trying to get a home warranty company to ok that first., but I told him, the blockage is in the street. not a good thing you need to diagnose it properly.
Just the same he was really happy.  We cleared it when the other guys could not.  We love that.
Mind you just the same it was definitely a difficult blockage.  Even with our big machine, it was slow going.  But it's nice to make the customer happy.  He said, no messing around any more, give me your card and I'll call you first.  Nice.
Mark Superjet Sewer and Drain Cleaning
Make sure to check out our 2 new youtube ads.  I promise it's entertaining.
The Russian Grease Conspiracy
Attack of the Sewer Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment